Road Closures in Warren County
Warrensburg — Several roads remain closed after record spring flooding and if you’re heading into the southern Adirondacks to do some hiking the state DEC says you should check before you go for closures.
While most access roads to the Adirondack Backcountry are open, in some cases repairs have not yet been completed.
Repairs are still ongoing in some areas of Warren County, including:
- Gay Pond Road and the Buttermilk Road Extension in the Hudson River Recreation Area are closed.
- Lily Pond Road near Brant Lake is closed.
- Old Farm Road near Thirteenth Lake is closed just before the trailhead, vehicles can park at the snowplow turnaround.
- River Road in the Hudson River Recreation Area is open, however it is muddy and rutted. It is recommended that only high clearance vehicles use the road at this time.
- Several roads designated for motorized use by people with disabilities with a DEC permit remain closed including: Scofield Flats, Pikes Beach, Darlings Ford, Huckleberry Mountain Route, and Palmer Pond Access Route.